ORGAN India was formed with the mission of spreading awareness on Organ Donation and Transplantation among all sections and age groups of society. We have been working relentlessly to spread the word through all media – social media, campaigns, films, animations, radio, television, blogs etc. We organize awareness drives and conduct awareness sessions in schools, colleges & universities, hospitals, corporate offices, and various organizations & associations all across India.
LET’S GET ORGANIZED – Awareness sessions in Schools
LET’S GET ORGANIZED is a special campaign launched in 2015 to target schools for raising awareness on organ donation and transplantation among High school students.
Our awareness sessions are suitable for students of classes IX to XII. Each session is usually 30-45 minutes long, which includes some short films, a PowerPoint presentation, followed by interaction with the students. We distribute some IEC materials like informational booklets specially designed for the students. We conduct a quiz at the end of the presentation and make it fun for the students by giving them prizes. We encourage maximum participation of teachers and students.
In May 2017, Let’s Get ORGANized got a boost after the Directorate of Education, Government of National Capital of Delhi, passed a directive to all schools of South and Central Delhi to invite ORGAN India to conduct awareness sessions with the students.
ORGAN India has successfully conducted awareness sessions at 120 schools all over India, like Modern School Barakhamba Road, Modern School Vasant Vihar, Seth Anandaram Jaipuria School Ghaziabad, Ryan International School, Delhi Public Schools, Kendriya Vidyalayas,(Delhi), Strawberry Fields School, Chandigarh and many more.
Details about all schools are provided here
Awareness drives at various platforms – Hospitals, Corporate Offices, Educational Institutions, Organizations etc.
We have traveled all across the country to conduct awareness sessions at more than 100 different platforms like hospitals, corporate offices, educational institutions, organizations, Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs) etc.
We collaborate with organizers of various events to include a talk on organ donation amongst wide audiences.
Some of the platforms where we have conducted sessions are:
- Hospitals like Max Healthcare, Columbia Asia Hospital, Fortis Hospitals, Lok Nayak Hospital, Metro Hospital among many more.
- Corporates like Deloitte, Yatra, Select City Walk, Religare Health Insurance, HCL, Oberoi Hotels, NDTV, Dr. Lal PathLabs among many more.
- Educational institutions like IMT Ghaziabad, GD Goenka University, Lady Hardinge Medical College, Panjab University, Chitkara University, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), International Management Institute, Jamia Hamdard University, among many more.
- Organizations & Associations like Delhi Commission for Women, Rotary Club, All India Women’s Conference (AIWC), Lioness club, Defence Colony Club, Delhi Golf Club etc among many more.
- Other platforms like The President House, HQ9 ART Brigade at Army Cantt, Meerut, and even a wedding!
We have also participated in Marathons, Walkathons etc to raise awareness about the cause like the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon, Fortis NDTV Walkathon etc.
The entire list of events can be viewed here
ORGAN India Website
The ORGAN India website is a comprehensive resource tool for all information about Organ Donation and Transplantation in India including detailed information about all organs individually, the transplant procedure, a primer on brain death, the Indian laws, myths and facts etc. The website provides an online process to pledge the organs. We have had approximately 6 lakh website hits so far.
The website also serves as an online platform for the Organ Transplant Guide and the Body Donation Directory.
- Transplant Guide: ORGAN India created the Transplant Guide in 2016. It is essentially a directory of transplant hospitals, doctors, and coordinators across India. A Pan-India guide, it provides information to anyone who requires a transplant or needs to see a doctor in this regard. The transplant guide can be accessed at the click of a button here
- Body Donation Directory : ORGAN India created an online resource in 2017 called the Body Donation directory, which is a comprehensive database of all institutions across India where people can donate their bodies after death. The Directory provides complete information of the Medical College/Hospital/Organization along with the contact information of the concerned person. The Body donation directory can be accessed here
Blog on Organ Donation
The ORGAN India blog is a forum to encourage and promote dialogue on organ donation and transplantation in India. It’s a platform for all concerned stakeholders to express their opinions, concerns, and future strategies on the organ donation and transplantation environment across India. Doctors, Government officials, NGOs, donors and recipients, media persons, and other interested parties are welcome to, and have contributed to, the blog. The blog is heavily promoted by us online and sent to our subscribers including doctors, transplant coordinators, NGOs, filmmakers, and everyone connected in any way to any aspect of organ donation. It’s also a forum to communicate to the general public about organ donation and transplantation.
There are 60 blog posts which have been shared with more than 25,000 subscribers all over the world.
The blog can be accessed here
ORGAN India’s Facebook page is the most active resource on organ donation in the country currently with 75000 followers. We ensure updated information, news from around the world, and updated statistics about organ donation, to be published on our Facebook page. We also share updates of our on-going activities regularly.
We run engaging campaigns which have received wide appreciation and support. Connect with us on facebook here
We are active on twitter, sharing important news, information, updates of our activities on the twitter handle @organindia1
We constantly keep our subscribers engaged with regular updates on our Instagram page @organ_india
Our youtube page is the storehouse of all videos related to organ donation and transplantation, including our in-house films and celebrity endorsements, and is updated regularly. Our youtube channel can be accessed here
Films to raise awareness on Organ Donation
ORGAN India has produced short informative films about various topics like Brain death, Heart Transplant which are used for large scale dissemination of information related to these concepts. We also use short films made by other agencies like hospitals to explain topics like Hand Transplant etc.
Heart Transplants – What Really Happens
From Despair Hope Documentary file by Amrita Institute of Medical Science
Stories of Hope: In 2014, ORGAN India produced short testimonial films of donors and recipients called the ‘Stories of Hope’. These are stories of bravery, courage, and hope, and have been specifically made to inspire others. These films, like all our other films, have been shared with hospitals, NGOs, and others who are interested in spreading awareness on organ donation and transplantation. The films have been cut down to individual films focusing on each organ donor, as well as bigger collective films on all donor families.
Documentary on Donor Families
Documentary on Organ Recipients
We have been engaging celebrities like sportspersons, actors, singers, musicians, politicians and others, especially those who are seen as role-models, to create awareness and spread the message to all sections of the population.
Some of the Indian celebrities who have endorsed organ donation are Nana Patekar, Divya Dutta Jackie Shroff, Javed Akhtar, Subash Ghai, Shabana Azmi, Gautam Gambhir, Ronit Roy, Abhishek Dutt, Anup Jalota, Sonu Nigam etc.
All the celebrity endorsements can be viewed here
Booklets, brochures, and other collaterals
ORGAN India has created special booklets and brochures with graphic content for information to the public. Every individual who pledges their organs with us receives a booklet, in addition to the donor card. The booklets are available both in English and Hindi.
Specific creatives have been designed to be used as posters/collaterals etc to spread the word. We create specific content to celebrate different festivals to engage the public.
HELP US RAISE AWARENESS ABOUT ORGAN DONATION!
You can help us spread the word about organ donation
- Invite us to your school/college/office for an awareness session.
- Sponsor an awareness session in a school.
- Screen our videos and films at social events.
- Make us a part of your celebrations, gatherings, festival to organize an informal talk and pledge drive.
- Share information and collaterals with your friends, family and colleagues.
- Spread the word about organ donation on social media like facebook, instagram, twitter.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.