ORGAN India was formed with the mission of spreading awareness on Organ Donation among all sections and age groups of the society. We have been relentlessly working to spread the word through all mediums – social media, campaigns, films, animations etc. We organise awareness drives and conduct awareness sessions in schools, colleges & universities, hospitals, corporate offices, and various organisations & associations all across India.
LET’S GET ORGANISED – Awareness sessions in Schools
LETS GET ORGANISED is special campaign launched in 2015 to target schools for raising awareness on organ donation among High school students.
Our awareness sessions are suitable for students of classes IX to XII. Each session is usually 30-45 minutes long, which include some short films, a PowerPoint presentation, followed by interaction with the students. We distribute some informational booklets, specially designed for the students. We conduct a quiz at the end of the presentation and make it fun for the students by giving them small token prizes. We encourage maximum participation of teachers and students.
In May 2017, Let’s Get ORGANized got a boost after the Directorate of Education, Government of National Capital of Delhi passed a directive to all schools of South and Central Delhi to invite ORGAN India to the school for conducting an awareness session with the students.
ORGAN India has successfully conducted awareness sessions at 90 schools all over India, like Modern School Barakhamba Road, Modern School Vasant Vihar, Seth Anandaram Jaipuria School Ghaziabad, Ryan International School, Delhi Public Schools, Kendriya Vidyalayas,(Delhi), Strawberry Fields School, Chandigarh and many more.
Details about all schools are provided in the Lets Get ORGANized section on our homepage at www.organindia.org
Awareness drives at various platforms – Hospitals, Corporate Offices, Educational Institutions, Organisations etc.
We have traveled all across the country to conduct awareness sessions at more than 100 different platforms like hospitals, corporate offices, educational institutions, organisations, Resident Welfare Associations (RWAS) etc.
We collaborate with organisers of various events to include a talk on organ donation amongst wide audiences.
Some of the platforms where we have conducted sessions are:
- Hospitals like Max Healthcare, Columbia Asia, Fortis among many more.
- Corporates like Deloitte, Yatra, Select City Walk, Religare Health Insurance, HCL, Oberoi Hotels, NDTV among many more.
- Educational institutions like IMT Ghaziabad, GD Goenka Univeristy, Lady Hardinge Meical College, Panjab University, Chitkara Univeristy, National Institute of Phamaceautical Education and Research (NIPER), International Management Institute, Jamia Hamdard Univeristy, among many more.
- Organizations & Associations like Delhi Commission for Women, Rotary Club, All India Women’s Conference (AIWC), Lioness club, Defence Colony Club etc among many more.
- Other platforms like The President House, HQ9 ART Brigade at Army Cantt, Meerut, and even a wedding!
We have also participated in Marathons, Walkathons etc to raise awareness about the cause like the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon, Fortis NDTV Walkathon etc.
The entire list of events can be viewed at www.organindia.org/events
ORGAN India Website
The ORGAN India website www.organindia.org is a comprehensive resource tool for all information about Organ Donation in India including detailed information about all organs individually, the transplant procedure, a primer on brain death, the Indian laws, myths vs facts etc. The website provides for an online process to pledge the organs. We have had approximately 3 lakh website hits so far.
The website also serves as an online platform for the Organ Transplant Guide and the Body donation directory.
- Transplant Guide: ORGAN India created the Transplant Guide in 2016, which is essentially a directory of transplant hospitals, doctors and coordinators, across India. A Pan-India guide, it will provide information to anyone who requires a transplant or needs to see a doctor in this regard. The transplant guide can be accessed at the click of a button here www.organindia.org/transplant-guide-directory
- Body Donation Directory : ORGAN India created an online resource in 2017 called the Body Donation directory, which is a comprehensive database of all institutions across India, where people can donate their bodies after death. The Directory provides complete information of the Medical College/Hospital/Organization along with the contact information of the concerned person. The Body donation directory can be accessed here: www.organindia.org/overviews/bodydonation-directory
Blog on Organ Donation
The ORGAN India blogpost is a forum to encourage and promote dialogue on organ donation and transplantation in India. It’s a platform for all concerned stakeholders to express their opinions, concerns and future strategies on the organ donation and transplantation environment across India. Doctors, Government officials, NGO’s, donor and recipients, media persons, and other interested parties are welcome to and have contributed to the blog. The blog is heavily promoted by us online and sent to a subscribers list of all doctors, transplant coordinators, NGO’s, filmmakers and everyone connected in any way to any aspect of organ donation. It’s also a forum to communicate to the general public about organ donation and transplantation.
There are 40 blog posts, which have been shared with more than 15000 subscribers all over the world.
The blog can be accessed here : www.organindia.org/ORGAN-DONATION
ORGAN India’s Facebook page is the most active resource on organ donation in the country, currently with 45000 followers. We ensure updated information, news from around the world, and updated statistics about organ donation, to be published on our Facebook page. We also share updates of our on-going activities regularly.
We run engaging campaigns which have received wide appreciation and support. Find more at www.facebook.com/ORGANINDIA
We are active on twitter, sharing important news, information, updates of our activities on the twitter handle @organindia1.
We constantly keep our subscribers engaged with regular updates on our Instagram page @organ_india.
Our youtube page is the storehouse of all the videos related to organ donation, which is updated regularly. Our youtube channel can be accessed at www.youtube.com/channel/UC2BEGlduLNwQgx7Q5WZv3rA
Films to raise awareness on Organ Donation
ORGAN India has produced short informative films about various topics like Brain death, Heart Transplant which are used for large scale dissemination of information related to these concepts. We also use short films made by other agencies, hospitals to explain topics like Hand Transplant etc.
Heart Transplants – What Really Happens
From Despair Hope Documentary file by Amrita Institute of Medical Science
Stories of Hope: In 2014, ORGAN India produced short testimonial films of donors and recipients called the ‘Stories of Hope’. These are stories of bravery, courage and hope and have been specifically made to inspire others. These films, like all our other films have been shared with hospitals, NGO’s and others who are interesting in spreading awareness on organ donation. The films have been cut down to individual films focusing on each organ donor, as well as bigger collective films on all donor families.
Documentary on Donor Families: www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6aMZZRCjz8
Documentary on Organ Recipients: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku_UciA9l94
We have been engaging celebrities, sportspersons, actors, singers, musicians, politicians and others, especially those who are seen as role-models, to create awareness and spread the message to all sections of the population.
Some of the Indian celebrities who have endorsed organ donation are Nana Patekar, Divya Dutta Jackie Shroff, Javed Akhtar, Subash Ghai, Shabana Azmi, Gautam Gambhir, Ronit Roy, Abhishek Dutt, Anup Jalota, Sonu Nigam etc.
All the celebrity endorsements can be viewed at the homepage of www.organindia.org
Booklets, brochures and other collaterals
ORGAN India has created special booklets and brochures with graphic content for information to the public. Every individual who pledges their organs with us, receives a booklet from us, in addition to the donor card. The booklets are available both in English and Hindi.
Specific creatives have been designed to be used as posters/collaterals etc to spread the word. We create specific content to celebrate different festivals to engage the public.
HELP US TO RAISE AWARENESS ABOUT ORGAN DONATION!
You can help us to spread the word about organ donation
- Invite us to your school/college/office for an awareness session.
- Sponsor an awareness session in a school.
- Screen our videos, films at social events.
- Make us a part of your celebrations, gatherings, festival to organise an informal talk and pledge drive.
- Share information, collaterals with your friends, family and colleagues.
- Spread the word about organ donation on social media like facebook, instagram, twitter.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.